LU Send Now
Be Ready to Serve When There is an Immediate Need
At Liberty, we believe in the incredible power of God to move through us when our state of readiness intersects with someone else’s urgent need. That’s why we’ve created the LU Send Now initiative. LU Send Now is the University's quick response team for urgent disaster relief and humanitarian needs. If you want to be equipped and ready to respond to needs around the world whenever the moment comes, we’d love for you to join our team.
You can now join LU Send Now at any time! Please allow 1-3 weeks of processing time for your application. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fill out Application||Submit $100 Non-Refundable Deposit|
Apply as a Student
Submit Student Deposit
Apply as a Leader
*Application Is Currently Not Available*
|No Deposit Required for Leaders|
In order to qualify for the LU Send Now Domestic Team you must:
- 18 years of age or older in order to participate in response efforts which require travel off Liberty’s campus. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to attend.
- Be actively enrolled in residential courses at Liberty University.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to be eligible to participate in a response effort. This will be verified in the application process. He or she must be in good standing in all of his/her classes in order to be deployed for a response effort.
- Be in good standing with the Office of Community Life. This will be verified in the application process, and before a student is deployed for a response effort.
- Demonstrate a past and present involvement in local church involvement and community outreach.
- Complete the application in full, and must pass a background check in order to participate.
- Complete the required Send Now training in order to be eligible to participate in a response effort.
- Must sign an Assumption of Risk form releasing the University from any liability.
- Must notify parents/emergency contact of participation in the program.
In order to qualify for the LU Send Now International Team you must:
- Fulfill all the requirements for participation in the Domestic Team
- Demonstrate previous travel experience outside the US & Canada OR extensive disaster relief experience domestically
- Complete an in-person interview
- Acquire a US Passport & other government issued photo ID
- Fulfill certain health requirements
- Safety & Security
- Cultural Intelligence
- Basic Principles of Disaster Relief
- Spiritual Warfare
- Additional optional trainings & certifications
- International Disaster Response Training
Would you like to contribute to help fund an immediate need?
|The ongoing success of Send Now is largely due to the gifts and contributions of those who donate to the initiative. All proceeds go directly to the Send Now initiative and is the reason why we can send students at a moment’s notice. Your financial commitment to Send Now is what makes it possible for students to bring relief and hope to people facing their most desperate hour.||Donate Now!|